Monday 6 October 2014

Baby Hawk Mei Tai Carrier *review*

As it is international baby wearing week, I thought now would be a good time for a review of my favourite carrier!

After struggling to find a carrier that suited me, I stumbled across the baby hawk carrier after seeing another mama on instagram using one.

I loved that it had fully adjustable straps as I'm very petite I always struggled to find one that comfortably fit my frame and made carrying my daughter a pleasure rather than a struggle! Not to mention all the different colours and patterns to chose from!

As soon as I received my carrier, I tried it out around the house to get a feel for it, and gain confidence in putting it on and getting my daughter in and out of it. We first tried the front carry and I was amazed at how comfortable and light she felt!! The straps supported in all the right places and I instantly knew I was going to love this carrier!! We then went on and tried the back carry, My daughter loved this also and she sat quite comfortably in this position also :)

Now I've had my baby hawk mei tai carrier for around 3 months, and I have waited until now to review it as I wanted to use it and try it out so I could give my honest opinion on it!

Honest opinion?

I LOVE it!!

I used it when we travelled abroad in August and it was a life saver! I almost felt smug watching others around the airport struggling to hold their kids, luggage and paper work, while I was hands free and not to mention stress free! I had previously travelled on a plane when my daughter was 5 months old and it really was a struggle! I had another sling carrier but I wasn't confident using it and I didn't feel it gave the support I needed, I don't think I even used it at all on the holiday! But the baby hawk was different! As we had travelled to Italy this time for our holiday we took walks up steep mountain villages and the carrier again was a life saver!

Plus as a side note.. As my daughter is now 10 months old and into everything, I can't leave her for a moment, so this morning I actually applied my make-up with her in the back carry position.. we sang row row row the boat.. which made doing my eyebrows difficult but so worth it every time i saw her face in the mirror behind me! (high five for wonky brows!)

I just cannot rate it enough! I would deffinately recommend this carrier for smaller ladies, if you are struggling to find one that gives a good fit and good support. For ref I am 5ft tall and size 4-6.

Where did I buy it? I got mine from a lovely site called www.sasaslings.co.uk
I spoke to a lovely lady over Facebook before I ordered and I was lucky enough that the colour I had wanted was on promotion!!

Anyone else in love with this carrier?
What is your favourite carrier?

I'd love to know! :)












This Mornings antics!








No comments:

Post a Comment